For admission to the Master's program in History the minimum requirement is an Honours BA or equivalent with a B+ standing from a recognized university, preferably with a concentration or honours in History. Meeting these criteria does not guarantee admission.
Please note that currently we can admit no more than two non-domestic students to the MA program.
For admission to the doctoral program in History the minimum requirement is a Master's degree or equivalent in History from a recognized university. Meeting these criteria does not guarantee admission.
Applicants for either program who do not have a background in History should consult the Director of the Graduate Program in History (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that currently we can admit only one non-domestic student to the PhD program.
Interested applicants should go to the Admissions History webpage.
There are two stages to the application process.
1. Fill out the online application form. This involves providing personal information and paying the application fee.
2. Once the University Admissions Office has vetted your application and processed your application fee, you will be given access to the MyFile portal. This is where you will upload your statement of interest, writing sample, and the e-mail addresses of your referees. Referees will be sent a unique link to upload their letters to the portal.
- Application for Admission - online.
- Statement of interest (no more than 2 pages).
- Supplementary form.
- Three reference letters (Ph. D. only) -- Two reference letters (MA only)
- CV (Ph.D. only).
- Sample writing (no more than 20 pages).