For admission to the Master's program in History the minimum requirement is an Honours BA or equivalent with a B+ standing from a recognized university, preferably with a concentration or honours in History. Meeting these criteria does not guarantee admission. We cannot presently admit international students to the Master's program.
For admission to the doctoral program in History the minimum requirement is a Master's degree or equivalent in History from a recognized university. Meeting these criteria does not guarantee admission.
Applicants for either program who do not have a background in History should consult the Director of the Graduate Program in History (email@example.com).
Interested applicants should go to the Admissions History webpage.
There are two stages to the application process.
1. Fill out the online application form. This involves providing personal information and paying the application fee.
2. Once the University Admissions Office has vetted your application and processed your application fee, you will be given access to the MyFile portal. This is where you will upload your statement of interest, list of courses taken, writing sample, and the e-mail addresses of your referees. Referees will be sent a unique link to upload their letters to the portal.
The deadline for initiating an online application for entry in September 2018 is December 13, 2017. Please ensure that all required documents are uploaded promptly to MyFile. Applications will be reviewed in early January. Most admissions decisions will be announced by mid-February, but the timetable is variable.
- Application for Admission - online.
- Statement of interest (no more than 2 pages).
- Supplementary form.
- Listing of courses taken (this can be uploaded with the statement of interest).
- Three reference letters.
- CV (Ph.D. only).
- Sample writing (no more than 20 pages).